Solent – Mental Health & Community Services Deployment and Operational Activities
Solent NHS Trust
Solent NHS Trust runs mental health and community services and community hospitals in Southampton and Portsmouth: Western Community Hospital, Royal South Hants Hospital, St James Hospital, St Mary’s Hospital, Gosport War Memorial Hospital and Petersfield Hospital.
Development and Operational activities
Bates IT assisted CGI with the transformation of services to ITO in 2013, we provide dedicated on-site service level manager, account directors engineers supporting:
148 sites (Southampton – Portsmouth – M3 corridor to Aldershot – A3 corridor to Yateley – To Ringwood – Milton, Hythe, Andover, Havant, Hayling Island and 2 sites on the Isle of White (IOW) plus home users:
- Remote fix, telephone support for desktop devices (including support to home users during Covid).
- Hardware repairs – desktops/laptops – servicing (previously printers too).
- Preventative maintenance & support.
- Scanner support and Installs.
- Printer Installs and support – Local connected, acquiring new IPs to be reserved and setup;
- Software installs & application support including specialist dictation software and devices (with KB documentation)
- Service Requests iMacs.
- Assisting with development and implementation of new sites and decommissioning of Old sites.
- 24/7 On-Call & Intelligent hands (Network, server support, escorts, power outage, air conditioning issues, server).
- Network Support (switch configurations and AP installs, configuration and auditing when needed).
- Server patches and updates via change control (when requested).
- Cabling (Copper and Fibre) including, wall ports, new runs & road digs.
- Communication cabinet design, purchase and installs (including UPS).
- CMDB responsibility.
Windows Refresh and Covid-19 Device Programme
During the 8 years Bates IT has been supporting GCI at Solent NHS Trust, we have facilitated major refreshes programmes to the entire estate, including:
- Windows 7 Refresh 4,500.
- Windows 10 Refresh 750 (ongoing).
- COVID-19 Device deployment programme.
Bates IT professional services include local team leadership, service level management, account directorship and project management (performing a vast amount of project fulfilment activities):
- Documentation process and support for emergency sites (recently with 5 news sites for COVID-19).
- Stock control and management – Including quality checks of items coming in that prevent Solent \ CGOI from paying for faulty or missing items.
- Weekly reports were given and modified constantly to meet requirements of CGI \ Solent;
- Last Minute Purchasing.
- Project management support.
- Estates support and information gathering.
- Last-minute support to CGI for anything that comes up no matter what the time of day.