Client:Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (SPFT)
Delivering NHS IT Services that drive change and help deliver better care
In August 2020 Bates IT successful won the bid for Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (SPFT) Managed Service Offerings.
Delivering a large scale digital transformation
Bates IT employed a Programme Director, to provide the solution and high level implementation plan for the tender, creating quality criteria for the prospective resource alignment.
The Programme Director personally selected and interviewed the associated teams which included service architects, project managers, solutions specialists, service delivery manager, team leaders and operational service desk team members. Additionally, he created document templates and a reporting structure for the various implementation streams and assembling the various steering and working groups and communication channels for remote working during the pandemic.
Bates IT has been effectively delivering this large scale digital transformation for the Trust. This project has been backed by libraries of design solutions, documents, project plans, risks and issues logs, roles and responsibilities matrices. Along with communications, training, skills matrices, highlight reports, closure reports, service acceptance, transformation tasks to business as usual teams, continual service improvement registers and much more.
The programme of completed and live works are as follows:
- Project management of (ITSM/Call Centre) implementation
- Fresh works implementation (ITSM/Call Centre) Phase 1
- Service desk (rapid phase skills transition, with ongoing continual service improvements)
- Deployment of fixed term Service architect (ITIL), Technical architect, SCCM specialist
- Project management of (Windows 10) “end user device” EUD technology refresh
- Windows 10 (EDU) refresh programme including the provision of 4500 laptops and 750 desktops in six months
- License management compliance review, with our NHS partners “effective license position” (ELP)
- Transition of the legacy break fix support of Printers within the Trust to Bates IT
- Project management of a wireless enhancement infrastructure upgrade (WI-FI)
- Wi-Fi infrastructure upgrade of mobility management mast, physical & virtualised controllers – including approx. 700 Access Points
- Cabling infrastructure upgrades to new and remediated sites to UTP CAT6a
- Fresh works implementation (ITSM/Call Centre) Phase 2 (Improving ITIL Maturity) to include:
- Incident Management
- Service Request & request fulfilment
- Problem Management
- Change Management
- Asset Management
- Knowledge Management
- Continual service improvement
- Suite of Management Reports
- Set up call queues and IVR (Interactive Voice Response)
- Continuing ITIL maturity journey & working closely with the Trust to implement collective digital alignment goals
- Improving adoption of digital service streams through communications and training
- Implementation of Integrated Audio Visual Rooms at strategic locations within the Trust
- Provision of mobile audio visual solutions for digital working around the Trust
- Next phases of the wireless enhancement project with capacity and coverage improvements (following heat mapping)
- Continual development of digital processes to realise efficiencies and savings
- New Managed Print Solution commencement October 2023
Bates IT digital services for the NHS
NHS Trusts have particular guardrails and circumstances that aren’t replicated elsewhere. Not even in other areas of the public sector. Bates IT understand driving change and implementing strategy is a difficult task, that’s why our team is here to help. We have 25+ years of experience in delivering large scale digital transformations and operational support into a diverse range of verticals.
Fulfilling projects with capability and confidence our service portfolio encompasses every device that touches a desk, effectively making us a unique unified service provider for the NHS.